I have been on a guilt trip ever since I took this photograph. Actually, it was one of those moments when I could not control myself, it was monsoon on Indian roads. As the car passed by, I looked at the face of the person who I had just clicked in my zest for photography. It was a very old woman who was barely able to walk, struggling to go somewhere on the slippery road. She instantly reminded me of my nonagenarian grandmother who is confined to bed having lost her memory and motor ability. A tear drop flowed by and I did not know what to do. For the last couple of weeks, have been constantly nagged by some of these questions
- Do we get sometimes cross into an insensitive zone in our zest for taking pictures ?
- Should you take a photograph of someone without their permission ?
- Should I have given her a lift to her destination ?
- Should I have given her a hug and offered some help ?
- What do animals feel when they get photographed?