I have been writing about my trek in the hills of Kashmir which left me longing for more. After a grueling trek for 6 days when we would retire early into our evening, the last evening on the banks of Nandkol Lake was a welcome change. All of us gathered around a bonfire braving the near zero temperature sharing stories of life, humming local folk tunes from the lands where we belonged. I smiled to myself as the evening unfolded, music seemed to have demolished all barriers of caste, creed and profession and in the glowing light of the bonfire every face exuded warmth. Sometimes, darkness shows us the way, helps us uncover the light that is lost under layers of controlled emotions during day light.
- Trek Day1: Walking through Green Meadows
- Trek Day2: Lush Meadows, Rocky Patches and a Crystal Lake
- Trek Day3: Date with Alpine Lakes
- Trek Day4: Icy Stream, Limpid Lakes and an Elusive Mountain
- Trek Day5: Rocky Paths lead to Heaven
- Trek Day 6: Descending through Infinite Mist
- Unsung Heroes of Great Lakes Trek